Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oscars Shine as it Wraps up the 2011 Award Season

As the 2011 award season winds down, the most anticipated and honored statue of the year makes it's presence noticeable. The most famous golden Oscar statue will be handed out to the best of the best at the 2011 Academy Awards, Sunday, February 27.

The Red Carpet show on E! featured the arrivals of presenters and nominees, showcasing the fashion. From Tom Ford to Calvin Klein, the red carpet rolled out great fashion... and some of the worst.

From my professional fashion opinion- Halle Berry looked like a lit-up Christmas tree. WTF was she thinking with that hideous dress.
Carly Behringer agreed, stating that her dress was "wretched." Why did Halle choice this terrible choice...
We will never know.


Nicole Kidman looked like she was wearing a folded napkin crusted with diamonds.

Thank you Scarlett for wearing a see-through red dress on the red carpet tonight.

Natalie Portman glowed in purple off the shoulder gown. Her growing belly stuck out, but as always, she looked... phenomenal. There's one shot for me!


I hope all that are following my blog have enjoyed my Oscar drinking game during the show. Don't forget to let me know how your night turned out!

On the other hand, Sandra Bullock looked stunning in a silky, flowing red dress. Props to her for looking amazing tonight!

Ok, so was James Franco high hosting tonight? He was acting very suspicious after the opening montage. Sydney Benter had a similar reaction, as she said: "I was definitely underwhelmed by the show. I had such high hopes for Anne and James. I think they're truly very funny and talented entertainers. But the show flopped in my eyes. I've read several articles about James Franco's strange aloof behavior during the ceremony. While many have accused him of being high during the show, most of the article I've read featured quotes from people he has worked with that claim he is straight-edge––no drugs or alcohol ever. This shocked me, but it's always possible." Didn't we all? Anne seemed to be the one to hold the show together... well as best as she could.

With speculations that Franco had been high on drugs or drunk, he told reporters that he does not drink nor do drugs. So what was with his odd behavior Oscar night? He said he was just enjoying himself while letting Anne do the work. Gin A. Ando, while not being able to watch the award show agrees with Franco, stating: "Although I did hear some things about James Franco and his strange, offish behavior during the thing, he could've just been nervous? I don't know. Maybe he was pulling some Andy Kauffman stuff and it was all ... well, nevermind. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it'd be tough to top Gervais' performance earlier this year."

Touche Gin, touche. Ricky Gervais' performance made the Golden Globes hilarious and entertaining to watch among the dry speeches from the Globe winners.


And the Oscar goes to...

Achievement for Art Direction - Alice in Wonderland
Achievement in Cinematography- Wally Pfister (Inception)
Best Actress in a Supporting Role- Melissa Leo
Best Animated Short Film- The Lost Thing
Best Animated Feature Film- Toy Story 3
Best Adapted Screenplay- Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network)
Best Original Screenplay- The King's Speech
Best Foreign Language Film- In a Better World
Best Actor in a Supporting Role- Christian Bale
Best Original Score- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (The Social Network)
Achievement in Sound- Lora Hirschberg, Gary Rizzo and Ed Novick (Inception)
Achievement in Sound Editing- Richard King (Inception)
Achievement in Makeup- Rick Baker and Dave Elsey (The Wolfman)
Achievement in Costume Design- Colleen Atwood (Alice in Wonderland)
Best Documentary Short Subject- Strangers No More
Best Live Action Short Film- God of Love
Outstanding Documentary Feature- Inside Job
Achievement in Visual Effects- Chris Corbould, Andrew Lockley, Pete Bebb and Paul Franklin  (Inception)
Achievement in Film Editing- Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall (The Social Network)
Best Original Song- Randy Newman- We Belong Together (Toy Story 3)
Achievement in Directing- Tom Hooper (The King's Speech)
Best Actress in a Leading Role- Natalie Portman
Best Actor in a Leading Role- Colin Firth
Best Motion Picture- The King's Speech

NATALIE PORTMAN WON!!!! OMG!!



Anne Hathaway- You were amazing and hosted this show... not co-hosted- you held this show together
JAMES FRANCO... YOU SUCK AT HOSTING WHEN YOU ARE HIGH!

7 comments:

  1. wow Megan, interesting views on the night but it seemed you focused more on the fashion then the actual awards. You didn't speak of some of the most interesting speeches nor. What made the awards good or not good. I would of mentioned at least Kirk Douglas, Oscar winner and legend. How he came up all by himself and presented the supported actress award and how he kept on stalling on who the winner was. Nor did you mention the four honorary awards. There was so much that was left out. But I'm bias. There was also the fact that Tom Hooper was not the favor to win and that, that was a shocker. There was so much you could of said. You spoke not of Colin Firth's restless legs. There was so much sorry i know i could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so exhausted this weekend I missed the whole show :-( I'm bummed to see Despicable Me didn't win best animated film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was definitely underwhelmed by the show. I had such high hopes for Anne and James. I think they're truly very funny and talented entertainers. But the show flopped in my eyes. I've read several articles about James Franco's strange aloof behavior during the ceremony. While many have accused him of being high during the show, most of the article I've read featured quotes from people he has worked with that claim he is straight-edge––no drugs or alcohol ever. This shocked me, but it's always possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to see it (nor did I play Grever and my drinking game haha) but from what I've been hearing, it's generally what Ms. Benter's been mentioning.

    I'm not really one for awards that much, but I mean, it's tough not to get caught up or angry when something you think deserves to win doesn't...

    Although I did hear some things about James Franco and his strange, offish behavior during the thing, he could've just been nervous? I don't know. Maybe he was pulling some Andy Kauffman stuff and it was all ... well, nevermind. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it'd be tough to top Gervais' performance earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Natalie! So happy she won. She was most deserving of the award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy seeing the list of who won and who didn't, especially since I didn't tune in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah! I like your last line, there. Everyone I talked to thought James Franco was high, even though I didn't watch it, so I have no real opinion, haha. But yeah, very interesting. And Halle Berry's dress is absolutely wretched.

    ReplyDelete